GLUTEN-FREE DAIRY FREE BANANA LOAF
While we'd happily tuck into a banana loaf any day of the year, there's something just a little bit special about the smell of a banana loaf baking in the oven on a cold winter's day. This recipe uses our magical gluten-free flour blend and a dairy-free alternative to butter to create a deliciously moist gluten and dairy free banana loaf with a crunchy top.Grab your blackest, squishiest bananas and a handful of other ingredients and bake yourself happy at home with our gluten-free banana loaf recipe!
- 130 g Flora Dairy Free
- 200 g light brown soft sugar
- 3 overripe bananas (mine weighed 280g out of skins)
- 2 large eggs
- 240 g Magical gluten-free plain flour blend
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder (make sure it is gluten-free)
- 20 ml plant milk (I use soya milk)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 large egg white (for the crunchy top)
- 1-2 tsp light brown soft sugar (for the crunchy top)
- Heat your oven to 170c / 150 fan / gas 3. Grease a 1lb loaf tin and dust with flour.Set aside.
- Weigh the fat and sugar into a large bowl and smoosh (technical term!) with a rubber spatula until you have a paste-like consistency.
- In a separate bowl, squish the bananas with a fork then crack in the eggs and give everything a whisk to combine. Pour this mixture into the first bowl and mix everything lightly together to form a lumpy batter.
- In a third bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt then fold this into the batter mix. Don't go mad, you just need to make sure there are no traces of flour showing but you still want the batter to be lumpy.
- Finally, stir through the plant milk and tip the batter into your loaf tin.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- A few minutes before your 45 minutes bake time are up, whisk the egg white until frothy.
- Carefully remove the loaf tin from your oven after 45 minutes and brush the top of your banana loaf with the egg white foam, sprinkle with the brown sugar and return the tin to the oven for a further 15 minutes until the top is crunchy and a skewer poked into the centre of the loaf comes out clean (a crumb is OK, just no liquidy batter!)
- Leave your banana loaf in the tin for 15 minutes then carefully turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy! xx Millie, Marcus, Milo, Maddy and Me xx
SHOW US YOUR BAKES!Mention @thelittlebakeryofhappiness or tag #thelittlebakeryofhappiness in your Instagram pics so that we can coo over your masterpieces!